FenX is a spin-off from ETH Zurich. We tackle the world’s energy and greenhouse gas challenges by disrupting the building insulation market. Based on an innovative foaming technique, we produce high-performance insulation foams made from abandoned waste materials. The final products are fully recyclable, emit low CO2 emissions in production and are economically competitive. Join the green revolution and be part of team FenX!
We are looking for an intern with knowledge in materials, to join our Technical Team with his/her hands-on attitude and creativity.
- Co-development of materials, production of prototypes, and quality control.
- Transfer of R&D formulations to the prototyping plant.
- Material characterization and support on material certification.
- Planning and improvement of prototype production processes.
- Support on operating and maintaining the prototyping line.
- Support of the technical team on other issues as required.
- Ideally ETH/FH materials science, mechanical or civil engineering with knowledge/ passion for materials
- Impact-driven person with a passion for innovation
- Hands-on attitude and technical understanding
- Entrepreneurial and inventive thinking
- Systematic problem solving
- Team-oriented and reliable
- Shows initiative and interest to develop
- High level of commitment
- Good English and ideally German skills
- Knowledge in Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Python, CAD is a plus
- Swiss work permit
- Impact: young, impact-driven, diverse, and motivated team
- Responsibility: independent execution of diverse tasks
- Acknowledgement: experience direct work impact in a start-up
- 25 paid vacation days per year