Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Choose earth, secure tomorrow! As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining our cutting-edge scientific software solutions. Why waste your talent on yet another delivery/mobility/web3/ESG app when you can contribute to urgently needed clean energy materials innovation. If you are passionate about making a difference and have a strong background in software engineering, we would love to hear from you.
Dunia is at the forefront of the race to create a sustainable future for our planet. With a mission to invent breakthrough clean energy materials, we use the latest AI tools and chemical robots combined with our scientific expertise to build a “self-driving laboratory” that can discover new active materials faster than ever before. Targeting the toughest industry sectors such as shipping and aviation, we are developing sustainable processes to reduce CO2 emissions by over 2.1 billion tons per year. We named our company 'Dunia', because it means 'world' in over 20 languages. We want to both positively impact the world AND create an inclusive environment where the world’s brightest come together to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
- Lead the development of software for our laboratory automation and materials informatics platform
- Architect an orchestration software with intelligent resource allocation, sample tracking, and data management capabilities
- Identify and integrate third-party software solutions (e.g., Lab Information Management System) as needed to enhance platform functionality
- Write clean and efficient code, avoiding overengineering, to enable rapid iteration and development
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of diverse technical backgrounds to understand their needs and build tools to enhance their productivity
- Contribute to the growth of the software team and potentially take on leadership responsibilities in the future.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4-5 years of experience in software development, strong back-end and automation skills
- Interest and ability to quickly learn laboratory automation or materials informatics concepts on the job while guided by a team of domain experts
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Java, Python, or C++
- Ability to architect complex software systems Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate effectively with team members of diverse technical backgrounds.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with (graph) databases for efficient data storage and retrieval
- Experience in scientific computing or working with scientific datasets
- Proficiency in developing GUIs (or high-quality mock-ups) for user-friendly software interfaces
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and their application to scientific data analysis
- Exposure to embedded systems development for laboratory automation hardware
- 30 days paid holiday🌴
- Stock options 🚀
- Design your own perks 🚇🎫🏋️♀️
- Mentorship to help you grow into the roles you want 🎯
- Awesome colleagues & regular company events 🙌
- Flexible working hours & hybrid working ☕
- Aiding the process of VISA application for non-EU citizens 🌎
Do not worry if you do not tick all the boxes. Do not exclude yourself from amazing opportunities by not applying. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and safe to be their authentic self. Non-traditional career paths are welcome and valued. If you share our vision, you can be certain that we want you to succeed. You might be just the right candidate for this or for other roles that have not opened yet. Reach out!