Materials Informatics Scientist (f/m/d)
Science meets purpose. As a Materials Informatics Scientist, you'll lead groundbreaking projects, collaborate with global partners, and harness AI-driven tools to revolutionize clean energy materials. Make a meaningful impact on climate-critical innovations and embrace the thrill of solving real-world challenges in shipping, aviation, and beyond.
Dunia is at the forefront of the race to create a sustainable future for our planet. With a mission to invent breakthrough clean energy materials, we use the latest AI tools and chemical robots combined with our scientific expertise to build a “self-driving laboratory” that can discover new active materials faster than ever before. Targeting the toughest industry sectors such as shipping and aviation, we are developing sustainable processes to reduce CO2 emissions by over 2.1 billion tons per year. We named our company 'Dunia', because it means 'world' in over 20 languages. We want to both positively impact the world AND create an inclusive environment where the world’s brightest come together to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
- Lead and manage complex technical projects in materials informatics, closely collaborating with external partners and internal teams to drive climate-critical innovations forward.
- Develop next-generation materials-aware active learning algorithms to efficiently search complex chemical spaces
- Manage high-performance computing resources to optimize research outcomes.
- Utilize Python coding skills to develop and implement data-driven solutions for materials research.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer orientation to understand and address stakeholder needs effectively.
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemistry, or a related field, with a strong focus on materials informatics or cheminformatics.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, technical projects and leading teams to outstanding results.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch Geometric, TensorFlow Probability, BoTorch, HuggingFace
- Proficiency in descriptor-based modelling techniques applied to advanced materials research.
- Strong command of DFT packages such as Quantum ESPRESSO and VASP for electronic structure calculations.
- Experience in Python coding for data analysis, visualization and materials informatics applications.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment, contributing to rapid development and innovation.
- Track record of delivering data science projects for industrial stakeholders, driving impactful solutions.
- Familiarity with the concept of "Materials Acceleration Platforms" in the context of "Mission Innovation"
- Skilled in grant writing and drafting IP
- 30 days paid holiday🌴
- Stock options 🚀
- Design your own perks 🚇🎫🏋️♀️
- Mentorship to help you grow into the roles you want 🎯
- Awesome colleagues & regular company events 🙌
- Flexible working hours & hybrid working ☕
- Aiding the process of VISA application for non-EU citizens 🌎
Do not worry if you do not tick all the boxes. Do not exclude yourself from amazing opportunities by not applying. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and safe to be their authentic self. Non-traditional career paths are welcome and valued. If you share our vision, you can be certain that we want you to succeed. You might be just the right candidate for this or for other roles that have not opened yet. Reach out!