DoctorBox’s vision is to simplify your life by integrating your medical information in one app. With the DoctorBox app, you can share medical records, track your medication intake and receive test results – all at once.
We are now entering a new phase in our development. The aim is to build a marketplace for digital healthcare applications that will allow our users to access healthcare solutions – from diagnosis to home testing kits. As a budding “super app”, our focus is on integrating healthcare partners and services to support everyone on their journey to live a longer, healthier life.
We are constantly looking to build innovative healthcare solutions, improve our usability, and scale our business. We have already done so with our specialized COVID-19 testing software and intend on maintaining our success in this new phase. To do so, we want to strengthen our IT leadership by recruiting a VP of Engineering (f/m/d) to lead our developers and business through this transition.
If you are passionate about working in healthcare to make a real difference, interested in
helping to develop innovative digital healthcare solutions, and want the freedom, challenges and ownership of a young start-up combined with a mature management system (ISO9001/27001), then DoctorBox might be the right place for you.
The purpose of the VP Engineer is to take a proactive and leading role in the design and realization of the technical strategy across the business, while taking commercial impact and business objectives into consideration. Together with our CTO, you will be responsible for the engineering teams (Android and iOS), the technical improvement of our existing products and
infrastructure, and in-house technical consultancy for our new projects.
- Take responsibility to build and deliver value to users and customers
- Leading and developing the team through management and mentorship to ensure quality end products
- Developing standards and processes to ensure that quality and information security standards are met and consistent
- Preparing and optimizing budgets
- Recommending technological developments and improve inefficiency
- Work closely with the CTO to maintain and further develop the technical vision, strategy, and team structure
- Communicate effectively with both the CTO and the software development team on delivering features in line with DoctorBox’s business, products and IT strategy
- Carry out assessments, exploration, and investigation of technologies that provide opportunities or a competitive advantage
- Collaborate with the Product Managers to assess technical feasibility of large or complex initiatives
- Coordinate product operation to ensure that there is a balance between product-led
features and address tech-debt
- Engineering or similar degree
- Solid experience with team leading, strategy design, and innovative technology delivery, ideally within a start-up and/or health-tech environment
- Successful track record of building, retaining and scaling an engineering team in a start-up
- Track record of overseeing and enabling the build of innovative, secure and complex products in regulated environments
- Experience in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms
- Experience with creating strategies for infrastructure set-up (e.g. Jenkins, refactoring)
- Hands-on mentality and willingness to hit the ground running
- Experience in working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to develop quality teams
- Strong knowledge of Java enterprise environments, data structures and algorithms
- Knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices and change management
- An open and friendly team with lots of experience
- Flat hierarchies
- An attractive performance-related salary
- An office right in the heart of Berlin
- Fresh fruits and free drinks!
We look forward to reading your application.