Bridge for Billions, as one of the largest entrepreneurship networks in the world, creates, designs, and manages innovation programs with foundations, corporations, and public entities that have benefited more than 2900 entrepreneurs in more than 99 countries. Its objective is to facilitate access to entrepreneurial support for all types of entrepreneurs with a common purpose: to boost innovation that solves the problems that truly matter, generate economic growth, and new decent job opportunities. Bridge for Billions, recognized by Forbes 30 Under 30, Ashoka, and Acumen, has worked with more than 100 organizations such as Coca-Cola, Accenture or BMW, and institutions such as the United Nations in the development of entrepreneurship programs that support diverse entrepreneurs in the creation of innovative solutions for today’s most pressing issues.
In 6 years, Bridge has grown to a team of 29 people from 13 nationalities, with headquarters in Madrid, where most of our team is based; an emerging LatAm HQ in Antigua, Guatemala, with a few team members; and a few people based in different places around the world. We will likely end the year 2022 as a team of 40 people
For our next growth stage, we are focusing on strengthening entrepreneurship ecosystems worldwide, by creating programs to connect support organizations with early-stage entrepreneurs, mentors, sector experts, and investors, and facilitate long-lasting connections among them.
Being a Program Director at Bridge for Billions is your opportunity to lead the development of one of our key programs end-to-end, developing your client and account management skills, monitoring operations, leading and coaching people, and being the final person accountable for the success of your program & team. The challenge of this particular role will be to work with organizations that target migrant entrepreneurs in Spain, Italy & South Africa to provide support to this target group in a 3-years partnership.
For this role, we want someone who truly embodies our culture. Our core values are empathy, grit, courage, and gumption. We are a team of entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. We believe in transparent relationships, we have an international mindset, we strive for self-management so that anyone can have a big impact on the organization’s growth, we can operate despite high levels of uncertainty, we value open and respectful feedback, we foster risk-taking and failing fast, we seek continuous innovation and impact.
ROLES & CONTRIBUTIONS
1. Strategic Program and Client Management (30%)
- Lead the program based on our client objectives and desired impact, and be the final accountable for the program results. You will be responsible for tailoring the program to the specific needs of migrant entrepreneurs in Spain, Italy, and South Africa.
- Build partnerships and alliances with key players in the migrant entrepreneurship sector.
- Position the program brand and be the face of it in front of key stakeholders and at external events.
- Define and Manage the project’s budgets and resource allocation. Report the impact and finances of the program to our clients.
- Understand clients' needs and ensure their queries are heard and acted upon, and that their program is a success.
- Work closely with the salesperson for that client to reach goals.
- Be accountable for program renewal and program sustainability: be aware of clients’ experiences, act on issues or opportunities and strategize with the salesperson to sustain the relationship over time.
- Develop a mitigation plan to ensure that program risks and issues are anticipated and mitigated on the spot. Be able to resolve complex issues with autonomy.
2. Lead program strategy and a team of program managers (30%)
- You will be responsible for leading, coaching, and overseeing 3-5 people in charge of the on-field program implementation in Madrid, Milan, and Johannesburg. You will also be contributing to their onboarding and training process.
- You will have to act as a motivating mentor for the program managers working in the program to coach them technically and culturally and keep them energized and motivated.
- Set annual team performance goals and a monitoring system.
- Collaborate with other Program Directors to ensure there’s a well-distributed and balanced workload in all teams.
- Collaborate with Directors to share learnings and insights from program & people issues.
- Identify misalignments in mindset/strategy/operations inside the department and work on fixing them.
- Report on program results to the rest of the company.
- Facilitate team training and peer-to-peer learning facilitation.
- Be aware of the strengths, gaps, and struggles of the people led and act on them on a continuous basis. Ensure optimal strength-to-seat allocation.
- Having a clear growth path for each member of the team based on professional goals and preferences.
- Make decisions for the team/department and implement changes with agility.
- Propose new formats and tools to better deliver on programs and clients’ promises.
3. Monitor Programs Health (15%)
- Monitor the overall status of the program and on-time the milestone achievement.
- Provide detailed updates about programs’ health, participants’ comments, and KPIs to the Client and all relevant stakeholders.
- Understand in-depth the business infrastructures of Bridge for Billions, use them for decision-making, and contribute to improving them.
4. Improve and scale operations & work cross-functionally with other departments (25%)
- Establish strong and effective relationships with our Marketing, Sales, and Product departments to ensure program objectives and deliverables are met.
- Ensure key processes are properly documented and knowledge is stored. Set standards of program delivery/quality. Create strategies for Improving program delivery.
- Make data-driven decisions to lead changes and improvements for the team.
- Create and nurture effective communication within the organization. Create feedback loops between departments.
- Contribute to the offer evolution based on market and user needs.
- Enable new spaces and opportunities for innovation.
Skills we look for this role in particular:
- Hard skills Languages: native-like in both English. Spanish & Italian are a big plus.
- At least 3 years of experience working in the social innovation, entrepreneurship, CSR and/or development sector as a program/project/operations manager. Experience dealing with external clients is required.
- Experience working with migrant collectives and existing networks in the sector.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and understanding of the importance of great support in business & entrepreneurship. Previous experience in budgeting, program design and planning, financial and impact reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style. Can break down problems and think critically.
- Resourcefulness and good common sense to approach problems efficiently.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills: you will have a lot to juggle, so it is essential to be able to stay organized.
- At ease with spotting patterns, analyzing data, presenting this data, and making quick decisions to improve outcomes.
- Digital proficiency, you like testing new tools and improving processes.
Nice to have:
- Experience in brand strategy, brand positioning and communication campaigns is a great plus.
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship methodologies.
- Experience leading and coaching people.
- You are familiar with tools like Slack, Jira, HubSpot or similar CRM, Google G-suite, Notion, and/or you love learning new tech tools.
- Well-organized and self-disciplined. You enjoy tackling complex challenges and do not struggle with uncertainty. You will need a high level of autonomy to define the scope of the role and ensure program success.
- Have good judgment, be intuitive, autonomous and resourceful. You look at situations from several points of view.
- Attention to detail: you test things yourself before making them go public, and you dislike when your work has imperfections.
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
- Commitment and passion to our mission of strengthening the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Problem-solver and self-starter, who can be up and running in no time after thorough company onboarding.
- Roll up your sleeves and get work done, even when at times it’s outside the scope of the job.
- You don't get easily overwhelmed or stuck in planning mode.
Skills we look for in all Bridge team members:
- Purpose alignment: This position is not just “a job” but aligns with your purpose, the impact you want to make in this world and whom you want to become.
- Values alignment: You embody our 4 team values: Courage, Grit, Empathy and Gumption.
- Culture alignment: You have a start-up mindset — highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- You’re not afraid to be responsible for the outcomes of your work and work independently when required.
- You take initiative, you’re results-driven and you show empathy in all your interactions with team members, entrepreneurs, mentors, and partners.
- You have a very strong emotional intelligence that allows you to quickly understand people’s needs and expectations and develop trust, engagement and commitment in your relationships. Passion for your work and lifelong learning.
- Growth mindset and resilience to overcome challenges, and understanding that systemic change requires hard work. Able to juggle many different responsibilities and prioritize workload.
- Once you apply and we review your application, we will send you a quick Typeform to complete so we know we’re aligned on the basics and logistics of the role.
- If we are, we’ll invite you to a 1st 30-minute check-in just to explain a bit more about the process and get to know each other a little better.
- If there’s a match, we will send you a practical challenge to be resolved within three days (it can vary depending on the position you’re applying for)
- We’ll review your practical challenge, and if it meets the goals, we will invite you to a Technical Interview where we will go over the challenge and talk more about your hard skills.
- If everything goes well, we will invite you to a Mutual Interview, a shared space where you will be able to ask us anything you want to make sure Bridge for Billions is where you want to take your next professional step!
- After we ask you for two references and with your permission, we will reach out to them with a couple of questions.
- We will send you an offer.
OFFER AND LOCATION
Transparent salaries and fair compensation structure, mid-range for the social sector:
- Compensation of 30,000€ - 35, 000€ per year, depending of the profile
- $200 Referral Bonus. If you bring someone you know to the team you will get $100 bonus at hire + $100 additional after 6 months
- Location: Madrid
- Start date: as soon as we find the right person.
- Consultant position (paid holidays)
Impact & Team
- A real vision for systemic change in the entrepreneurship sector, to make it more equitable, inclusive and efficient.
- Work on something that matters, and contribute to helping thousands of entrepreneurs from all over the world. The chance to shape the company by taking on a key role in a booming social enterprise.
- An international dynamic team of young professionals with lots of passion and a clear vision.
- Co-created values, a compass to achieve our mission: Gumption, Courage, Grit and Empathy.
- Check out Bridge team members reviews on Glassdoor.
- 4-day company retreats once or twice a year paid for by the company. Fundamental in our culture, they help us align, grow in leadership, tackle big topics and bond as a team, and they’re led by external and experienced coaches and facilitators.
- Learning budget based on a specific need or opportunity (examples: team members have accessed backend Bootcamp, leadership training or facilitation training).
- Big feedforward and feedback culture. Monthly one-on-ones with your team lead to help you grow and in-depth individual and peer-reviews 4 times per year.
- Team members are encouraged to give talks, and give/receive internal training.
Wellbeing & Paid Time Off
- 22 days of vacation with the flexibility to go above, plus local public holidays. Choose your public holidays between the country you’re based in and the country you’re from — we know you may want to celebrate the special days from your country of origin!
- Access to Spill, an emotional support service to take care of your mental health where you can chat with therapists on demand.
- Health Insurance bonus of $60/month added to your salary.
Materials, Flexibility & Remote Work
- We will provide you with a second-hand Macbook computer bought from our friends at Backmarket or equivalent so you can do your best work while preventing e-waste.
- Flexible working hours and remote days.
- If you’re based in Madrid we have a great office in the city center with lots of light, big screens and a huge terrace. We love to grab lunch together and talk about life’s silly and deeper things.