As one of the largest entrepreneurship networks globally, Bridge for Billions creates, designs, and manages entrepreneurship programs with foundations, corporations, and public entities that have benefited more than 2900 entrepreneurs in more than 99 countries. Its objective is to facilitate access to entrepreneurial support for all types of entrepreneurs with a common purpose: to boost innovation that solves the problems that truly matter, generate economic growth, and new decent job opportunities. Bridge for Billions, recognized by Forbes 30 Under 30, Ashoka, and Acumen, has worked with more than 100 organizations such as Coca-Cola, Accenture or BMW, and institutions such as the United Nations in the development of entrepreneurship programs that support diverse entrepreneurs in the creation of innovative solutions for today’s most pressing issues.
In 6 years, Bridge has grown to a team of 29 people from 13 nationalities, with headquarters in Madrid, where most of our team is based; an emerging LatAm HQ in Antigua, Guatemala, with a few team members; and a few people based in different places around the world. We will likely end the year 2022 as a team of 40 people.
We are looking to add a sales growth engine to our team, to plan and implement cost-effective solutions to drive our sales. Someone with a proven sales track record within a new product/new market. This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced salesperson to work alongside detail-oriented and passionate sales, marketing, and customer experience professionals within a startup environment.
ROLES & CONTRIBUTIONS
- Take full responsibility for the management of the entire sales cycle for large and multi-national clients ( corporations, foundations, and/or public entities) within the EU in order to increase our number of innovation and entrepreneurship programs in the region.
- Work closely with our Marketing team to develop lead generation, lead nurturing, or brand awareness strategies to increase the quantity and quality of the sales funnel in your region.
- Responsible for meeting monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Bridge for Billions’ programs and services and leverage a consultative sales approach, negotiation, and proposal writing skills to sell impactful entrepreneurship programs that achieve clients’ goals
- Work closely with our Relations Success team to ensure alignment and perfect delivery of the programs sold.
- Drive revenue growth and generate sales by upselling and renewing programs with our existing customers.
- Research the European market to find trends in the entrepreneurship ecosystem and insights about potential clients. Become the go-to knowledge expert for your region
- Eager to travel for in-person/on-site meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships and represent Bridge for Billions at various events and sessions
- Experience working in a senior consultative sales role for 3-5+ years, preferably building a network of relationships within the B2B enterprise sales
- Successful track record managing large deals with corporations & Private Sector, Large nonprofits & Foundations or Governments & International Development Organizations.
- Ability to proactively deliver a new business strategy and actions in a fast-paced startup environment and a proven hands-on mentality
- Strong competency in delivering creative solutions to overcome customer objections and ability to negotiate mutually beneficial commercial contracts
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex customer data and use CRM systems ( eg. Hubspot) as part of the daily role
- Ability to cope with pressure and to work to tight deadlines while managing customer expectations and internal resources
- The ability to travel as needed to close deals
- Knowledge and/or interest in entrepreneurship, business incubation programs or social impact, a must.
- Full proficiency in English and French is a requirement. Other european language is a plus.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers: Corporations (CSR, Innovation or HR Departments) Large Foundations & International Development Agencies or Government.
- VC Experience.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills (People like you, listen to you, and trust you!)
- Great persuasive communication, self-aware, transparent, collaborative, and open to feedback.
- You’re success-driven, passionate, a go-getter, willing to work within a team environment & flexible (remember - we’re a startup).
Skills we look for in all Bridge team members:
- Passion for your work and lifelong learning.
- A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude that’s not afraid to work independently when required.
- You are a leader, you take initiative, you’re results-driven and you show empathy in all your interactions with team members, entrepreneurs, mentors, and partners.
- Passion for your work and for lifelong learning.
- Able to multitask and prioritize your own workload.
- Resilience to overcome the challenges that we have to face.
- Once you apply and we review your application, we will send you a quick Typeform to complete so we know we’re aligned on the basics and logistics of the role.
- If we are, we’ll invite you to a 1st 30-minute check-in just to explain a bit more about the process and get to know each other a little better.
- If there’s a match, we will send you a practical challenge to be resolved within three days (it can vary depending on the position you’re applying for)
- We’ll review your practical challenge, and if it meets the goals, we will invite you to a Technical Interview where we will go over the challenge and talk more about your hard skills.
- If everything goes well, we will invite you to a Mutual Interview, a shared space where you will be able to ask us anything you want to make sure Bridge for Billions is where you want to take your next professional step!
- After we ask you for two references and with your permission, we will reach out to them with a couple of questions.
- We will send you an offer.
OFFER AND LOCATION
Transparent salaries and fair compensation structure, mid-range for the social sector:
- Compensation of 29,000$ - 33, 000$ per year, depending on profile.
- $200 Referral Bonus. If you bring someone you know to the team you will get $100 bonus at hire + $100 additional after 6 months
- Location: France, Spain or other european city.
- Start date: as soon as we find the right person.
- Consultant position (paid holidays)
Impact & Team
- A real vision for systemic change in the entrepreneurship sector, to make it more equitable, inclusive and efficient.
- Work on something that matters, and contribute to helping thousands of entrepreneurs from all over the world. The chance to shape the company by taking on a key role in a booming social enterprise.
- An international dynamic team of young professionals with lots of passion and a clear vision.
- Co-created values, a compass to achieve our mission: Gumption, Courage, Grit and Empathy.
- Check out Bridge team members reviews on Glassdoor.
- 4-day company retreats once or twice a year paid for by the company. Fundamental in our culture, they help us align, grow in leadership, tackle big topics and bond as a team, and they’re led by external and experienced coaches and facilitators.
- Learning budget based on a specific need or opportunity (examples: team members have accessed backend Bootcamp, leadership training or facilitation training).
- Big feedforward and feedback culture. Monthly one-on-ones with your team lead to help you grow and in-depth individual and peer-reviews 4 times per year.
- Team members are encouraged to give talks, and give/receive internal training.
Wellbeing & Paid Time Off
- 22 days of vacation with flexibility to go above, plus local public holidays. Choose your public holidays between the country you’re based in and the country you’re from — we know you may want to celebrate the special days from your country of origin!
- Access to Spill, emotional support service to take care of your mental health where you can chat with therapists on demand.
- Health Insurance bonus of $60/month added to your salary.
Materials, Flexibility & Remote Work
- We will provide you with a second-hand Macbook computer bought from our friends at Backmarket or equivalent so you can do your best work while preventing e-waste.
- Flexible working hours and remote days.
- If you’re based in Madrid we have a great office in the city center with lots of light, big screens and a huge terrace. We love to grab lunch together and talk about life’s silly and deeper things.