Locations: Oxford, London or Leeds
Hours: 37.5 per week Monday – Friday
Work From Home: Hybrid working 2 days office based and 3 days from home.
At BLUE, we empower brands to drive true sustainability. Ground-breaking developments in the energy transition and renewables, clean technology, digitalisation, automation, artificial intelligence and blockchain are transforming the marine and energy sectors, creating unparalleled challenges and opportunities. We help clients navigate these changes from a place of passion and positivity, not fear. That’s why we’re trusted to work at board level, solving commercial and reputational challenges and identifying new opportunities for growth and engagement.
Since 2008, BLUE has championed the true sustainability agenda across the blue and green economies, helping clients communicate how they’re not only meeting their obligations to the environment, but also to their clients, shareholders, employees and society. We understand that being truly sustainable and driving growth means navigating complex and difficult decisions. Our three specialist practices collaborate seamlessly to help clients address these challenges and effectively communicate progress.
We put intelligence at the heart of everything we do; the data and insights we use to inform our approach, our deep industry knowledge, the inspiration and creativity behind our engagement and the quality of our people. Together, our integrated approach ensures clients build sustainable brands, grow revenue and enterprise value, pioneer innovation and ignite meaningful transformation.
A PR Week Top 150 consultancy, BLUE is continuously expanding its team of motivated, intelligent and dynamic communications professionals. We are looking for an ambitious account manager to support the day-to-day delivery of world-class PR services to BLUE’s global portfolio of clients.
- As Account Manager, become the established main point of contact for the client on a day to day basis
- Manage multiple projects of varying scope and size, utilising their experience and intuition to prioritise effectively
- Translate agreed strategies and programmes into effective tactical implementation that meets and exceeds client expectations
- Monitor the delivery of activity against agreed programme KPIs and staff resource
- Combine PR creativity with knowledge of the client and industry to identify news hooks, angles and thought leadership themes that deliver against each programme’s communications objectives
- Mentor Account Executives, motivate them to deliver excellent results, and help them to realise their full potential as PR professionals and members of the BLUE team
Account Manager applicants must have the following attributes:
- Solid commercial B2B PR/communications experience, with experience of managing client accounts and junior team members
- A track record of supporting the delivery of communications campaigns with proactivity and creativity, including media relations
- The ability to manage multiple projects of varying scope and size, deploying intuitive prioritisation skills
- A talent for fostering and managing strong client and media relationships
- Enthusiasm for learning more about and understanding our specialist industries
- Quick to learn and able to digest and understand complex subjects
- First-rate writing skills, capable of conveying technical topics with an engaging style in a variety of formats (including long-form editorial) and close attention to language, grammar and accuracy.
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, both face-to-face and on the phone
- A sound grasp of social and digital media
The ideal applicant will also have:
- Account management experience within an agency environment
- Keen commercial awareness
- A strong portfolio of impactful communications campaigns
- Some event management experience, either stand alone or as part of delivering PR campaigns
As an entrepreneurial, agile, and growing company, BLUE offers significant opportunities for international travel and long-term career development, with all of our management board having joined BLUE at account manager level or below.
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays and additional accrual opportunities after two years’ service
- Loyalty bonus scheme from 3 years of employment
- Auto enrolment pension
- New business commission scheme (9% of first year’s fee for new business introductions)
- Rewards and perks through Perkbox - including discounts at national chains, access to health apps and wellness support
- Donation to charity on your birthday
- Regular office and company-wide get togethers
- Employee of the Quarter gift vouchers
- 4pm Friday finish encouraged!
- Hybrid working – minimum of 2 x days per week in an office (3 days during probation period)
- Fairtrade tea and coffee, milks (including almond), and fruit
- Shower and bike storage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Offsetting air travel
Full company and client inductions, regular in-house training workshops plus investment in external training for career and personal development
- Opportunity for international travel
- Client secondment scheme