Slow websites suck! Of 3.5 hours you spend online each day, 20 minutes are wasted waiting for websites to load. In your life, you will waste one whole year.
Join our mission of building a web without loading times to make all Internet users happier. Our product Speed Kit is the all-in-one page speed tool and accelerates 7,000+ websites worldwide, including market leading companies like BMW, Decathlon, and Carhartt.
Our world-class remote team uses the latest web technology trends to make our customer websites up to 4x faster and to improve the user experience for 200 million users per month.
Our Backend Team deals with different topics on a daily basis. One important part is developing high-performance services which allow Speed Kit to serve millions of users with up-to-date content. But they also collaborate with other teams like Data Engineering and the Speed Kit team in order to create new features.
We have many exciting ideas for taking Speed Kit to the next level, that’s why we are currently looking for further addition as a Backend Developer (all genders) in full time (40 hours).
We are also offering a more senior position; you find it on our careers page: Baqend (Remote): Senior Backend Developer (all genders) - Remote or Hamburg (join.com)
- Plan & implement new product features & useful API’s to enable inter-service communication
- Integrate backend services for Speed Kit with our data pipelines
- Keep existing services up to date
- Troubleshooting of Speed Kit services
- Java, Kotlin, MongoDB, AWS, Kafka & Redis
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in Backend Software Development (preferred with Java or Kotlin)
- Strong motivation in understanding requirements
- Desire to implement high quality solutions
- Independent yet collaborative way of working
- Remote-first: You can work 100% remote within Germany, if you want to
- Great colleagues: Competent and humorous team
- Flat hierarchies: The best ideas win, no matter who they come from
- Nice office: Work in the heart of Hamburg's Schanzenviertel
- Regular team events: Participate in our virtual team events (never mandatory)
- Pet-friendly office: You are welcome to bring a furry friend with you
- Personal training budget: we help you build your career and skills
- Monthly gym budget: the health of our team is very important to us
- You share your CV or LinkedIn profile with Nicole (via "apply now" or LinkedIn direct message) ✉️
- We schedule a first phone call (10-15 minutes)
- We schedule a virtual meeting to get to know each other (1 hour) ✌️
- We schedule a 2nd meeting to let you solve a task (max. 2 hours) 💻
- If both sides are happy, we will prepare the contract 🤝🏽
- You join our rocketship 🚀