Babbel is driven by a purpose: Creating mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. The key is a blend of humanity and technology. More than 60,000 lessons across 14 languages are hand-crafted by 150+ linguists, with user behaviours continuously analysed to shape and tweak the learner experience. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove its effectiveness. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 65 nationalities represent all the differences that make humans unique. Babbel is the most profitable language learning app worldwide, with more than 10 million subscriptions sold. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
- Analytically strong with the attention to detail and able to draw conclusions and insights from data
- An expert in Excel, BI Tools and planning software (i.e Jedox)
- Communicative and enjoy working internationally and cross-departmentally
- Keen to learn in a fast-paced multinational environment
- Fluent in English
- A degree (Bachelor/Master) in Economics, Business Administration, or equivalent and
- 3-5 years of experience in the field
- Experience within SaaS businesses
- A proactive mindset when it comes to solution finding and delivering results in an efficient manner
- A hands-on mentality with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Drive budget process on an operational and strategic level and supervise an effective cost-controlling system
- Continuously evaluate and adjust processes & tools to ensure a cohesive steering approach across the organisation
- Take responsibility with other finance teams to ensure the accuracy of our monthly, quarterly and yearly results
- Perform financial analysis, identifying and managing financial risk under best practice frameworks (i.e. COSI)
- Assist management in decision making and support discussions with analysis on financial and non-financial metrics
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international company with 750 people from over 65 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)
Diversity at Babbel
Babbel is committed to providing a work culture of belonging where every Babbelonian can contribute, participate and learn. Striving to become a truly diverse, inclusive, and equitable company is reflected in our internal policies, such as flexible working hours, the options to work from home, as well as a nap, family, and faith rooms in our headquarter office. At the same time, we acknowledge that creating a culture of belonging is a continuous journey that includes every current and future Babbelonian.
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our techblog for a fuller picture of #lifeatbabbel!