We are on a mission to replace factory farms with Renaissance Farms. We focus on scaling up cultured meat to democratize access to sustainable and safe food.
**We are a rapidly growing cultured meat start-up looking for an Engineer with experience in bioreactor development and operation to join our core team! You will be flexible and able to handle rapidly changing priorities on a range of cross-functional projects. You are an independent problem solver who enjoys working in fast-paced environments. As a senior scientist and early team member, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our technology and the company's direction.
- Designing and building new bioreactors.
- Setting up, optimizing, and operating bioreactors.
- Planning, efficient execution, comprehensive analysis and presentation of bioreactor experiments.
- Coordination of engineering projects.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject such as Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, or Bioengineering.
- Hands-on experience designing and operating bioreactors.
Desirable (two or more of the following)
- PhD in a relevant subject.
- Fabrication techniques such as prototyping, 3D CAD, 3D printing, metal works (eg. soldering), etc.
- Computational modeling of fluid dynamics, cell growth and other phenomena within bioreactors. Experience in process intensification is advantageous.
- Cell culture, ideally adherent mammalian cells.
- Programming of bioreactors and sensors.
- Sourcing and procurement of materials and equipment for bioreactors.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Potential for excellent career progression
- Exposure to a disruptive and innovative market
- Contributing to the development of sustainable and ethical meat
- You will work in facilities at the world-renowned, historical University of Cambridge that has produced the most Nobel Laureates. We are backed by the Cambridge Judge Business School and the world's leading food-tech VCs.