Seeing the big picture
Understanding the small details
Global vision, local knowledge. As a language expert in a team serving one of our
major clients, you’ll be an expert in balancing both. As a linguistic and
cultural specialist you’ll responsible for finding the right voice and
tone, as well as the appropriate terminology. You’ll be safeguarding quality
standards and ensuring that content is precisely right for your region.
Our client delivers cutting-edge technology solutions to a global customer base.
You will be the heart and soul of the client's content creation and translation
services, providing feedback, developing ideas for improvement and leading from
You’ll be translating, reviewing, transcreating and occasionally copywriting for your
target market. You will also need to implement and maintain quality assurance
processes and promote brand values at every stage.
The role will involve occasional travel, working closely with internal, external
and client-based teams. The language expert should be a good communicator and
client-champion, as well as being knowledgeable about changing language trends.
Job title Language Expert – Bulgarian
Location Brno (Czech Republic) or Athens (Greece)
Contract type Permanent
· Taking care of overall language quality for the locale
· Maintaining termbase and translation memories
· Responsibility for creating/maintaining the language-specific Style Guide
· Occasional content creation
· In-context content review
· Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in translating, reviewing, editing
· Native speaker with excellent command of target language
· Subject-matter knowhow in the areas of finance and e-commerce
· Full professional proficiency in English
· Good editorial and proofreading skills
· Strong IT background/affinity
· Proficiency in CAT tools (memoQ, Smartling)
· Comfortable working on multiple projects, able to prioritize, good time management
· A self-motivated team player with strong leadership qualities and initiative
· Excellent, highly effective communication and critical thinking skills
· Professional, effective problem-solving skills and commitment to the role
Alpha has been at the forefront of the translation, localization and now globalization
industries since 1987, and is now a global top-ten localization provider. We’ve
built an in-house production model for the world’s most demanding companies.
Alpha is a warm, lively and welcoming firm with over 30 nationalities represented in
its 18 offices. Every individual adds their own personality to our culture, and
allows us to paint a bright, vivid and multi-faceted picture of the world, in
micro, in each place. In the end, being part of the team is about more than
work. We have activities ranging from paintball to cookery contests, or book
exchanges to film watching, which take place across all our 15 countries.
We service an impressive range of internationally known clients in various
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter in English and specify the location of your interest.