At Akina, we develop medical software to empower patients during independent physiotherapy at home. Through our software, patient self-care at home is seamlessly integrated with in-person therapy at leading clinics and practices. With an AI-driven motion coach and unique entertainment integration, Akina addresses the lack of clinical feedback and motivation that causes 4 out of 5 patients to fail during self-care at home today.
As a digital product designer at Akina, you will have a key role in shaping the interaction of patients, therapists and physicians with our digital healthcare application.
- Shape the high-level user experience of our software-as-a-medical-device for patients and healthcare professionals
- Translate minimal prototypes into UI mockups and original designs that can be passed on to our software engineering team for implementation
- Develop and implement the design language of our digital healthcare product in collaboration with an external agency
UX Immersion and Testing (in collaboration with PO/UXR)
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer's needs, preferences, and current pain points in collaboration with our Product Owner and UX Researcher
- Rapidly explore the solution space by conceptualizing and building minimal prototypes
- A clear view of the larger context and goals of our SaMD product. We are moving fast and are answering big questions. We are not looking for someone to design a typical website or pick a design template for an app. Our product creates a deep and rich experience for our users that redefines the boundaries of integrated digital healthcare.
- You are ambitious and passionate about your work and have an intrinsic drive to exceed expectations. You are not afraid to step out of your comfort zone to achieve big goals.
- Advanced knowledge of required tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite) - we assume you know best which tools optimally support your work.
- Strong visual flair and intuition on human behavior and psychology
- Project management experience with Jira and Confluence is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Chance to directly shape the development and launch of a novel software-as-a-medical-device as part of a young and ambitious team
- Attractive compensation package comprised of cash salary and equity participation
- Beautiful environment with great hiking, MTB trails and lakes nearby, while still located right in Switzerland's largest city, Zurich
- Hybrid work setup with up to 2 days a week working from home
- Team outings, company off-sites, and much more
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Akina! We can only accept applications from candidates with a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-28/EFTA citizenship for this position. Akina is an equal opportunity employer - we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.