AAS is a dynamic groundhandling company that has been operating for many years at Zurich Airport as well as in Vienna and Palma de Mallorca. Now we have opened our stations in Germany (Düsseldorf & Hamburg) and are looking for reinforcement in our team.
You are the first point of contact for the Health, Safety and Security departments
and you are responsible for them across the entire AAS Group. You report directly to the Chief Safety & Quality Officer of the AAS Group. You will regularly travel from station to station within the AAS network (Austria, Germany, Spain and Switzerland) and support the Health, Safety, Security, Quality/Compliance, Training, Environment & Emergency (HSSQTE) specialists on site. In addition, you will improve AAS and make it more innovative as a project manager within the Pillar Improvement.
- Project steering in the Improvement/Innovation Pillar
- Is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the AAS Group’s Health, Safety & Security Program.
- Plans and control station/departmental/functional Health/Safety & Security budgets (Awareness projects, documents/standards, courses).
- Develops methods to improve Safety & Security policies, processes, and practices, and recommends changes to management.
- Prepares annual Health/Safety and Security Reports at Group level.
- Evaluates Health/Safety and Security compliance level in all stations using self-created reports. Identifies gaps promptly and coordinates actions with station HSSQTE Officers and/or by himself on Group level.
- Is responsible for the compliance of the Health, Safety and Security program with international standards as well as national and customer requirements.
- Ensures groupwide proper and timely assessment of risks to Health, Safety and Security, and implementation of measures and arrangements identified as necessary from the assessments.
- Maintains the Safety & Health and Security Manuals/program updated to the established standards at all times.
- Creates training in regards to SMS and also performs SMS training from the upper level to the middle management.
- Develops, prepares and implements projects to increase the level of Safety & Security at group level. Evaluates their effectiveness and takes corrective action if targets are not met.
- Leads the investigation of accidents with significant impact (Aircraft Damage, Serious Injuries, significant Security Incidents). Together with Station HSSQTE Officers determines route causes and make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Ensures when a new station opens or a new subsidiary joins the group, the SMS is properly implemented in a timely manner.
- High School diploma and/or University Degree or in education.
- good written and verbal communication skills in English, good organizational skills and a methodical approach to work.
- at least 3 years aviation working experience.
- Be familiar with a range of safety and security standards and models.
- background experience that ensures requisite knowledge in the principles of security and the implementation of security controls.
- knowledge of European, National and International legislation and regulations, pertaining to airport security and operations.
- knowledge of European, National and International legislation and regulations pertaining to ground handling services.
- An interesting and varied field of activity in aviation
- Working in a committed team
- International travels between the stations, exchange and cooperation in your specialist areas